My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things I Did Yesterday 10/09/08

On the ball I am not. Anyway, yesterday I:

- Went to Russell Square again. It’s a shame that such a terrible cafe has residence there. The cafe itself looks very nice since its refurb about 5 years ago, but the food, drink and service are all abysmal. The guys who run it are surly and temperamental, and like all employers of that nature, they pass it on to their staff. And yet I keep coming back, because the park is without a doubt the nicest place to stop before work, and has a good deal of sentimental significance for me. Also, as I’ve no doubt mentioned before, the shitty coffee has become like a comfort thing now; the acrid, milky flavour of familiarity.

- Worked. Mish-mash of stuff, including libraries, How Late and interviewing for staff. Thankfully it looks like the girl we interviewed is going to take the job, which is a godsend as we were about to hit a staffing drought. So she will be picking up a lot of the shop web copy writing, publicising events and generally assisting Nat. She, for future reference, is named Hayley, and for those to whom it means something, she’s the daughter of one Mr Eddie Campbell!

- Went to see Tom, Tobi, Rachel & Jack (aka Four Sad Faces) record their radio show for BBC7. It was great. I’d never been to a radio recording before, so it was enjoyable for the sheer novelty, but it also helps that the guys are actually funny. It took a couple of hours to record two shows, the first of which is going to be broadcast on my birthday! The second show seemed funnier than the first, but I’m not sure if that was just because I was warmed up by then. Anyway, I recommend you check it out. I'll post details closer to the time. Realised I haven't seen Tom in bloody ages! Gone all showbiz on us now, with his cocaine nose and heroin toes...

- Came home via Angel, where I picked Alex up from the pub. Got in, watched an episode of the Simpsons, and damned if I didn’t fall straight to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment