My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update: Day Two

Words Written Today: 2,235
Total Words Written: 4,620

In many ways the second day is harder than the first. You're riding on all the enthusiasm of getting started on the first day, but the second day is only the second day of thirty, and the moment where it sinks in that you have to do this every day. Well, that's how it is for me, anyway.

So I'm still in this bloody prologue, which should come to its conclusion tomorrow. It's run on far too long, and will end up at around 5500-6000 words, I would guess. More than 10% of the total length! Well, an imperfect structure is NaNo Sin That Must Be Worked Through #1. To be honest there is a part of me that dreads finishing it. The narrative will switch to a third person perspective, and more to the point will effectively start again, which will be a little deflating given the ever-escalating nature of the prologue.

I tell you one thing: I've certainly not lost any love for writing horrific scenes. It's like tucking into a good steak.

Timing-wise, today was pretty good. I managed 1,300 or so words before work and banged out another 900 over lunch. Hopefully I can keep that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment