My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What I Did the Day Before Yesterday 01/07/08

Holy shit, it's July! And wouldn't you know it, the day before yesterday I:

- Worked. Went through the s/o people and made note of anyone with more than 2 months worth of stuff. Replied to some emails. Went home early, as I was owed time from Thursday.

- Had more PC problems. Twice I couldn’t get it to start straight away and once it actually crashed in the middle of a game of TF2.

- Had a kick-ass run on TF2 with the Demoman character.

- Went for a drink with Alex at a really nice local pub called the Scolt’s Head. Sat outside and had a couple of pints while inside started to build up for the Euro Cup final.

- Got home and had dinner. Watched some telly, including Top Gear and Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares.

- Played on the PC for a bit, then read Tom’s short story, which I enjoyed but will talk to you about more later, Tom.

- Read my book, staying up until midnight so I could sing Alex a Happy Birthday! Went to sleep.

- Dreamt I was squeezing an orange to serve the king a glass of fresh juice. I took to the task with relish, but it soon became apparent that all of my oranges were rotten. As I picked each up, it would disintegrate into a sludgy mess, its pulpy mass emitting a sickly sweet stench. I heard the footsteps of the Kings guardsmen approaching, who I knew would execute me if I didn’t have the juice ready. Frantic now, I scrabbled through the pile of fruit, only now seeing that everything was covered in mould, thick, pus-like excretions seeping from their skins. I turned to face the door as shadows grew on the corridor wall, acidic juices burning beneath my fingernails as I stretched my hands outward, a citric supplication for mercy. Not sure what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment