My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Friday, April 20, 2007

London Book Fair 2007. No Rides.

I went to the London Book Fair on Tuesday. If you don't know, it's one of the big European book trade fairs. I was there for work, looking to scope out anything that we might find interesting in the way of products, services, fittings and so on. The photos (snapped on my mobile) don't really show it, but this thing was HUGE! Overwhelming to start, a bit more manageable once I had mapped out who I wanted to visit, and exhausting by the end. Quite an experience! But not one I'll be in any hurry to repeat.



The thing that strikes me looking at these pictures now is that they really don't make the place look terribly crowded, but man did it feel like an ant nest.



And lastly, my haul of catalogues. I only took a shop carrier bag with me, thinking I wouldn't need to carry much. The damn thing was just about in shreds by the time I left.


Okay, it may not look like a lot, but there are layers there! Layers!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 am

    go get yourself a reusable hemp bag that says "We eat Green!" or "Save the world" or "I heart London" or "Kiwis Rule!" Although others may contribute to global warming via carbon emissions from excessive plane travel, you are virtually tempting the Grim Reaper onto earth's doorstep with your flimsy and pathetic plastic bag! What's more, plastic bags remind me of when I was 13 and carried them like handbags so they'd go with my awesome white sneakers. Do you want that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, you're so right. But then I was headed for the trade show of an industry that eats forests, representing my work: a business that has said tree-products air-freighted from the US every week. Because people can't wait for their comics.

    ReplyDelete