My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update: Day Three

Words Written Today: 2205
Total Words Written: 4552

Nice! Well, much happier today all around. Getting to the word quota was a breeze after a bit of a false start this morning finding somewhere to actually write. I did two sittings today, one first thing which took me to 1300 words before my laptop battery ran low, then another at around 3pm this afternoon. I do still prefer to get it all over with in the mornings, but I must admit that everything feels a lot less stressful if I also allow for another hour or so at it later in the day. Also, a couple of sessions a day is, I think, beneficial to the output.

Speaking of output, I'm still not thrilled with the state of my prose, but I do think the story in this one has legs. It's not high art, but I think it's salvageable into something which could be fun.

Also of note today: I had that great feeling of liking the protagonist. Enjoying spending time with him and his thoughts. That always helps!

Anyway, gotta keep it brief. Back to work tomorrow, so we'll see how that all works out. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment