My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Monday, November 02, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update: Day Two

Words Written Today: 1317
Total Words Written: 2347

Another difficult day. Really, you would think that with a three day stretch off work I would be making the most of my time and getting a head-start on things. You would think that, but then that would only show how little you know me. So it was a couple of hours writing this morning, followed by a day of wanton abandon. Well, a day of lunch dates, window shopping and X-Box anyway. Honestly, what a terrible time to buy Left 4 Dead.

Anyway, in terms of the exercise itself, I'm still struggling. Self-doubt is still at large, stalking the hills of my consciousness, where my writing brain is lost as night is falling. He's defenceless, scared and lacking the proper clothing for a night out in the woods. Stupid writing brain; he's little more than a cautionary tale now.

Anyway, I digress. I'm still having massive problems with self-criticism as I write, leading to long bouts of staring out the window, wondering if I can write, if I can get back into the swing of it all, if I actually have something to say. That, and looking at pretty ladies.

So, tomorrow: last day off before I have to start fitting things in around work. I'm wondering actually if that may be a good thing. Given real time constraints I'm less likely to faff about. Certainly that's how it worked for me last time. Also positive is the fact that I did more today than I managed yesterday, and I know exactly what I'll be starting on when I sit down tomorrow.

Also: I love my EeePC. It's a dream of a writing machine. Could do with a new one though. Y'know, the 900 series go for around £170 a pop these days...

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how all these years in the US have made the word "defenceless" look like it has been spelt wrong to my wonky eyes. Funny eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 pm

    You CAN write, and I always listen to what YOU have to SAY. You'll no doubt enjoy the irony of the last phrase considering my current status on Facebook..........

    ReplyDelete