My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pour Me Another

I can't stop thinking about The Fountain.


In no small part due to the soundtrack by Clint Mansell (which gets high rotation on my ipod), this film has sat in my head since I saw it, its imagery burned into my mind in a way that hasn't happened in quite some time. I'm chomping at the bit to see this again, and I'm hoping as many of you as possible get the chance to see it. It's a great piece of classical science fiction, a stunning work of cinema, and a beautiful love story.

By the way...the soundtrack will break your heart, but the graphic novel is rubbish.

Look! Pictures!





3 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the Fountain. I like Aronofsky's work, but this was something else. I'm about to blog about it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking of the sentence you wrote after saying that you can't stop thinking of the fountain.
    "In no small part due to the soundtrack by Clint Mansell (which gets high rotation on my ipod)".

    You have an ipod?

    Does this mean that that you no longer use your minidisc player? Do you still have it?

    My MP3 player completely died and I've had to send it back to Singapore and I'm completely without music or words on the move.

    Which means I've left with myself for company. And if that doesn't get me sympathy from you...

    Well, I've now resorted to doing my times tables (13 and beyond) while on the trot just to keep sane. You don't really want your ass whipped on the next brain training game, do you?

    hmm. Maybe threats aren't the best way to ask for a favour.

    I'll bring you baked treats ;-)

    (big grin).

    whaddya say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...you're about a week too late! I just gave it away...

    ReplyDelete