My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Taking a Big Slice

Have you heard the new single by Good Charlotte?



Now, I'm not sure why I even feel compelled to point this out given how little I give a damn about Good Charlotte, but....ever heard Cake at all?



Okay, so it's a bit of a stretch to have a go at someone for mimicking a vocal style, but such a distinctive one? I guess it should be seen as a compliment...

As a bonus, how great is this video! Talk about your brilliant concepts.

1 comment:

  1. It may just be my frame of reference broadening with age but I have been seeing more and more direct plagiarism in entertainment lately.
    (yes Carlos Mencia I'm looking at you)

    People seem happy to assume that no one remembers even ten years back (and I guess most 14 year old Good Charlotte fans don't)and that it is perfectly legitimate to just sit on your ass and regurgitate the work of better artists.

    Even Scorsese is getting in on it.

    Now if you'll excuse me I have to chase some kids out of my yard with a garden hose.

    ReplyDelete