My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Speaking of Science Fiction

I can't begin to describe how much I'm looking forward to this:


I was going to put the streaming trailer on here, but the damn thing is so outrageously spoilerish that I couldn't bring myself to. Not as bad as quirky comedy drama Tortilla Heaven though. There's a lesson in how to reduce an entire feature to 2 minutes 4 seconds.

Anyway, in Sunshine these people


are on a mission to reignite this


hence preventing the extinction of this


but of course things all go a little like this


The sharp eyed among you may spot some familar faces in the crowd above. Cillian Murphy, Michelle Yeoh, Benedict Wong, Chris Evans (the Human Torch one) and New Zealand's own Cliff Curtis, among others. It's written by Alex "I have a following but I'm a bit inconsistent" Garland and directed by Danny "Me too, but when I'm good I'm really good" Boyle, both of whom I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. And only a month to wait!

1 comment:

  1. James Wallis speaks of Sunshine here:
    http://www.spaaace.com/cope/?p=20

    I had never heard of the movie and then I read James' blog and then IMMEDIATELY go to your blog and... I guess I have to see it then.

    Confirmation string today: TUGUP

    ReplyDelete