My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Friday, September 05, 2008

What I Did The Day Before Yesterday 05/09/08

Do I remember? Yes, yes, the day before yesterday I:

- Worked. Delivery day, so that was pretty much that!

- Came home and read comics. Highlights? Dead of Night: Devil Slayer #1 was a promising start to the mini-series. Fables #75 looked stunning, but felt a bit anti-climactic. Jonah Hex #35 was probably my pick of the week. Beautiful art by JH Williams III and a nice, twisted little story. I also enjoyed Sub-Mariner Depths #1 and (improbably) continued to enjoy Chuck Dixon's alternate history WWII story Storming Heaven. Otherwise it was a bit of a damp squib of a week. Ah well, they can't all be winners.

- Watched Barack Obama's DNC speech. Man, can that guy orate. Check the little powerhouse show around the 34-minute mark. It's quite funny to compare his style to the chummy, good ol' boy style of Bill Clinton. Funnier still to compare it to the charisma-free panto show of the RNC. What the hell was all that "I want to..." blah blah "He wants to..." blah blah "BOOOOO!" nonsense in McCain's speech? Man, American politics is such a fucking circus.

- Went to bed and dreamt of puppies. Being eaten by Kate Bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment