My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Monday, June 23, 2008

Transmission problems....

Oops. Pardon the recent slackness, regular service will be resumed tomorrow. In the meantime, let's just say I've worked, done dinner with the in-laws, had a fairly productive day off, taken Alex away to Brighton for a long weekend (where I've picked up a pretty wicked sunburn), gotten an amazing cookery guide for the DS and finished reading Y the Last Man (tearjerker!).

Oh, I also watched The Ruins, which I was halfway through the audiobook of, so not the smartest move, but certainly an entertaining one. Good little horror with some wince-inducing gore. The question now is: do I finish the book? I guess I should, as right from the start there are significant differences, and I'm sure the audiobook experience will give it more depth. Plus, y'know, a horror story about killer vines is perfect walking to work material.

In additional news: remember the Scalped art I bought? The original art for the bookplate done for us by RM Guera was nice enough:

But then he threw in this little beauty to boot!


Nice, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 pm

    Hi,

    Irony, I love Irony.

    You took your soon to be missus to Brighton and got a wicked Tan, I took my Missus of 27 years to the Ibiza version of Brighton and got a wicked Tan.

    We made friends with a German Couple in the last few days of our Hols, she was a house wife and he worked in the German Courts, how weird is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is weird...like your German twins.

    ReplyDelete