My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Monday, January 04, 2010

Things I Did Yesterday 04/01/10

Apparently it's -5° outside. Also, I just discovered that I can type a degrees symbol by holding ALT and typing 0176 on the numeric keypad. My life is complete. But yesterday I:

- Worked. Went to the Starbucks down by Tottenham Court Road beforehand to read for a bit and found myself surrounded by a group of Hillsong churchgoers. They meet up beforehand for a little pep talk and a prayer and I felt more than a little out of place. Hillsong is a bit of a cringe-inducing thing: a decidedly happy clappy church that is slightly embarrassing in its "Jesus is cool!" rock music way. Music which I am reliably informed is terrible. Anyway, the group was led by a youngish Australian woman who was all "Let's rock that theatre for Jesus!" I didn't know where to look. And, honestly, I'm not someone who gets snooty about overt religious behaviour, but it really felt like parody.

- Work was uneventful. I was stuck on the till all day, and with Hayley off sick and Nat on holiday I was just doing sales cycle tasks.

- Came home, had a delicious roast and watched some television. Can't even remember what. Top Gear, for one. There's a strange thing about Jeremy Clarkson: I can't stand him, except within the context of Top Gear, where even his populist politics don't irritate me as much. For a show whose main message often seems to be "Global warming is nonsense because dealing with it interferes with things I enjoy", I'm surprisingly entertained.

- Oh yeah, watched the start of Celebrity Big Brother to see who was in, but just found it unbearable.

- Watched the first episode of season two of True Blood, which was thoroughly entertaining. Either it has markedly improved, or I've just gotten used to it. Either works.

6 comments:

  1. Oh you are a funny boy Androoo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to see how season three of True Blood plays out - the books get much more interesting after the first two

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if you don`t have a numeric keypad.

    or you have a japanese computer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bolivian Special Top Gear was really good even with all the obvious stageyness of it.
    on teh way to Tokyo I watched the one wear they drive to the North Pole. an amazing feat but very sick.
    I agree with you on Top Gear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:26 pm

    Does you good to get your sales figures direct sometimes, that way you can cringe or smile as you go instead of getting them en-masse when you're ordering.

    Yes, I fiddled around with the ALT and Numeric keyp-pad and Lord 'O' Mighty there is tons of squiggly fun to be had.

    Just rather stupidly Purchased Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Athena and had I looked at the system requirements would have known i was buying a pretty useless slideshow as it don't effing move on my PC.

    Bazzer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found Top Gear (and, indeed, Clarkson's reviews in the Times) less and less compelling as it's become less a show about toys with a dash of the absurd (Star in a reasonably priced car) and Clarkson's personality, and more about Clarkson's personality, with a bit about cars stuck on the side.

    ReplyDelete