My Photos

www.flickr.com
boffo01's photos More of boffo01's photos

Monday, May 05, 2008

What I Did the Day Before Yesterday 05/05/08

Drat. Written yesterday but posted today, the day before yesterday I:

- Hauled my ass out of bed at about 7.30 with the intention of being ultra-productive. I was going to clean. I was going to call people. I was going to set up a wedding website and write an email for people to gather some information. This was going to be a productive day!

- Sat on the internet until 10am. Decided to go to the movies.

- Saw Iron Man, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It had a great set-up and the story is well put together apart from the end sequence, which felt a bit perfunctory. Robert Downey Jr does indeed own the movie. On the whole, it was an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.

- Stopped on the way home at the pub formerly known as The Orwell. Actually, to be honest I’m not sure if it has a new name, but it’s certainly been given a facelift. Not bad, but still feels a little like they haven’t quite finished renovations. Anyway, had a Guinness and knocked out the email.

- Went home and set up the wedding website, though there’s still a lot of work to do. But I found a great hosting site with a fantastic editing interface. Also set up our gift list at John Lewis, though that too is as yet unfinished.

- Tidied the bedroom.

- Read some comics.

- Played Diablo 2 for an hour or so, at which time my mouse hand had cramped into some kind of bony claw. Killed a mummy though, so, y’know, swings and roundabouts.

- Watched a couple of flicks. The Cottage, a Brit horror starring Andy Serkis, Jennifer Ellison and Reese Shearsmith, was rather good, though it took a while to really get itself going. When there’s not even a hint of the killer until 45 minutes or so, something’s wrong. But the end result was pretty solid.

- Doomsday, the new post-apocalyptic flick by Neil Marshall, is nuts. A love letter to 80’s post-apocalyptica, I’m amazed he actually got this made. Seriously, I can’t imagine how anyone looked at the script for this and thought they were on to box office gold. That being said, I bloody loved it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s schlocky trash and certainly not for everyone. But if you can capture the feeling you had when you’d just popped a tape into Bernard Lynch’s betamax – Bernard being the only kid in the neighbourhood with a video player – then you’re on to a winner.

- Slept very poorly. I feel like crap today! Perhaps my conscience was haunted by another productive day slipping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment